Bloom passionately strives to break the cycle of poverty at the start through nurturing care and an exceptional early learning program. We prepare young children for success in school and enable their parents to pursue educational and employment opportunities.
We Passionately Believe:
- All children deserve a loving and nurturing start in life.
- Applying proven best practices in early childhood development and kindergarten readiness are the keys to exceptional outcomes for children.
- Empowering low-income parents to work or go back to school to become qualified for a career path can transform families and give them the chance to climb out of poverty.
- Low-income families become stronger, healthier and more self-sufficient with generous volunteer and financial support from the community.
- We can and do make a difference in the lives of children, their families and our community – both today and in the future.
We Make it Work With:
- High quality infant through Pre-K curriculum and care, exceptional teachers and staff, low adult-to-child ratios and an intimate, loving environment.
- Half our capacity dedicated to children from low-income families, resulting in a unique, diverse mix of social and economic backgrounds that benefits all the children and strengthens our entire community.
- Committed Bloom families who support and accept each other.
- Our Shirley Robinson Scholarship Fund that provides tuition assistance to families who are struggling financially.
- Support from Messiah Church and Plymouth Presbyterian Church members, gifts from individual donors and grants from corporations and foundations.
- Partners like IOCP, CfK and Wayzata Public Schools.
Transform the lives of economically disadvantaged families and alleviate the unmet need for early learning and childcare.
Turning Passion into Action:
- Develop and leverage a stronger community position as a key opinion leader in early childhood development and childhood poverty.
- Extend our partnership network in the community to provide ongoing support, assistance and additional services to meet the individual needs of our scholarship families.
- Create innovative ways to serve more young children and struggling families in order to help them achieve successful futures.